01. Calexico - Sunken Waltz
- this song is full of WONDER
02. Брасс Белые Ночи - Амурские Волны
- в Хабаровске мы долгое время жили на улице Владивостокская, недалеко от привокзальной площади.
я с первого по 7 класс учился в 6 гимназии, расположенной совсем рядом с вокзалом.
часто, когда вечером шел дождь, идя домой, я долго слышал как играет этот вальс.
поезд Хабаровск-Владивосток, отбытие, сильная влажность, запах дождя и листьев.
03. 久石譲 - Stroll Through The Sky
- Howl's Moving Castle для меня обладает особой магией.
в 2005 году я посмотрел его бесчетное кол-во раз, мне тогда крайне не хватало "теплоты и ощущения дома"
я крайне аккуратно пересматриваю его сейчас - во избежания рецедивов тоски по недостижимому.
*bonus: после первого просмотра я долго не мог успокоится, мне казалось безумно важным показать этот фильм aurinkoinen.
04. The Beta Band - Pure For
- warmth, acceptance, confidence.
стояла на repeat'e в прошлом году очень долго.
совпала по времени с дочитыванием манги Fruits Basket (if it'll be of any help)
05. Robbie Robertson - Somewhere Down The Crazy River
- музыка для жаркого душного вечера. I like it, it's good.
06. Jens Lekman - Black Cab
- i feel like this often, after every good concert especially
07. Brazzaville - Shams
"Late one night our sailor had a dream
A queen of Indonesian lore
A voice he’d loved a thousand years or more"
i was (and still am to some degree) obsessed about stories of knights and their goddesses
08. Jackson C. Frank - Milk and Honey
- my father told me stories about how i cried over death of Freddie Mercury as a kid.
so this makes a second known case.
JUST ONE ALBUM, JUST ONE
09. Belle and Sebastian - I Fought in a War
- a bit of hope, a bit of despair, a bit of regret, a few good memories
10. I Am Kloot - Avenue of Hope
- song without illusions.
things decided by oneself.
11. Steve Conte - Words That We Couldn't Say
- i was captured by opening scenes of Cowboy Bebop session #11 Jupiter Jazz
this cold empty city felt like somewhere i belonged
later i fell in love with this song in an instant.
my top 1 most played song ever.
12. Чебоза - Холод
- great music, it still sends shivers down my spine every time i hear it.
i'm frightened to hear it in some public place
13. Radiohead - Street Spirit (Fade Out)
'Street Spirit' is our purest song, but I didn't write it.... It wrote itself. We were just its messengers... Its biological catylysts.
It's core is a complete mystery to me... and (pause) you know, I wouldn't ever try to write something that hopeless...
All of our saddest songs have somewhere in them at least a glimmer of resolve... 'Street Spirit' has no resolve... It is the dark tunnel without the light at the end.
It represents all tragic emotion that is so hurtful that the sound of that melody is its only definition. We all have a way of dealing with that song...
It's called detachment... Especially me.. I detach my emotional radar from that song, or I couldn't play it... I'd crack. I'd break down on stage..
that's why its lyrics are just a bunch of mini-stories or visual images as opposed to a cohesive explanation of its meaning...
I used images set to the music that I thought would convey the emotional entirety of the lyric and music working together...
That's what's meant by 'all these things are one to swallow whole'.. I meant the emotional entirety, because I didn't have it in me to articulate the emotion... (pause) I'd crack....
Our fans are braver than I to let that song penetrate them, or maybe they don't realize what they're listening to..
They don't realize that 'Street Spirit' is about staring the fucking devil right in the eyes... and knowing, no matter what the hell you do, he'll get the last laugh...and it's real...and true.
The devil really will get the last laugh in all cases without exception, and if I let myself think about that to long, I'd crack.
I can't believe we have fans that can deal emotionally with that song...
That's why I'm convinced that they don't know what it's about. It's why we play it towards the end of our sets.
It drains me, and it shakes me, and hurts like hell everytime I play it, looking out at thousands of people cheering and smiling,
oblivious to the tragedy of it's meaning, like when you're going to have your dog put down and it's wagging it's tail on the way there.
That's what they all look like, and it breaks my heart.
I wish that song hadn't picked us as its catalysts, and so I don't claim it. It asks too much. (very long pause). I didn't write that song."
Immerse your soul in love.
14. Björk - Bachelorette
- an almost physicaly tangible illustration of previous song' final
15. Gorillaz - Hong Kong
- clear song for the early morning of the last day of mankind - in my mind it relates to the film "On The Beach"
16. Ikue Asazaki - Obokuri-Eemui
- Song Obokuri-Eemui was used in anime series Samurai Champloo (#14, "Mugen underwater dream")
As the series director (famous Shinichiro Watanabe) said:
"This compelling imagery appeared in my mind while I listened to the traditional Okinawan songs for the soundtrack. In fact, it's possible that I made Samurai Champloo in order to make that scene."
And you know, i think it was a valid reason.
it is just the type of song that makes me believe that music can be substitute for a prayer to any gods above.
you don't have to know the language, your heart will know.
17. Pulp - This Is Hardcore
-This is the most sexual explicit and intense song ever written.
Listening to it in your headphones is like having a long sex session anytime, anywhere.
What really blows my mind everytime is that after section which ends with "this is me on top of you" (and you feel that it's has to be the climax!),
the song goes into a whole other part and there's still 3 more minutes left.
18. Tindersticks - 4:48 Psychosis
19. Franco Sansalone - Amore Amaro
side note: i really have a thing for voices like this - emotional, hoarse.
20. 鷺巣詩郎 - Warei no Namida
- Reaching out to touch, grasp smth.
21. Kimiko Itoh - Follow Me
- this song breaks reality.
one of the most strange experiences of my life was a transfer to another line on Nevsky pr. metro station while listening to this song.
it all seemed as a dream, a staged dance..
22. DeVotchKa - How It Ends
23. Belasco - Hunters Song
- if i were to choose a theme song for myself - i would choose this one.
Это наверно самый ценный, важный и откровенный пост в этом журнале.
Music is my religion.
p.s. i just wonder will there be anyone willing to be me for an 1 hour 36 minutes 34 seconds?