|||||The Smiths - Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want||]|
Annual (birthday related) bout of soul-searching and ceiling staring.
( Texas - Inner SmileCollapse )
Wonder Woman (8/10) - идеалист на войне, take №..
Война в данном случай - первая мировая, идеалист -
дочь Зевса Амазонка.
Whenever possible - choose WWI as your backdrop:
- first you'll get to crash your heroes dreams of brave new world of science, technology, progress and freedom.
- then you mow them into the ground with unheard of weapons, products of their precious "progress".
- you may even grant them some kind of a happy ending, out of generosity of your heart, for all their troubles...
your audience though knows - 20 years later, just in time for their children, experience will be repeated.
ALL NEW! Improved!
Bend it like Beсkham (8/10) - Indian girl wants to play football, delightful film.
10 things I hate about you (7/10) - Shakespeare in an american school - entertaining enough.
Duplicity (8/10) - Another Clive Owen film. Corporate espionage, love story, non-linear storytelling, some genuine witty dialogue and suspense.
Now, that was unusual.
I ever read three personal blogs in their entirety:
- author of the first one was a great match in terms of personality and hidden intensity of reactions, though our situations, interests, tastes and life aspirations were wildly different;
a curious read along the lines of "what if?", though quickly our courses diverged too far away.
- author of the second one I shared a lot of interests with, as well as compatible sense of humour and life outlook, our differences offered an opportunity of seeing new tangents for familiar problems;
eventually, we met in real life and I still consider her my friend.
- third time is a charm, right?
Travelogues drew me, New Madrid notes got me hooked, account of birthday vacation spent on a remote Norway island crossed by Arctic circle forced me to go back to the very start.
I had to escape my own head for awhile and by chance found a perfect host.
Watching past unfold is at times heartbreaking.
I should write more often. For the last 5 years my exploits were well documented in photos, yet, every time, I fail at writing up anything. At times I was busy, sometimes content was too personal or I saw no need - but now I do see some worth in it, having experienced it for myself.
Maybe, 10 years from now, someone too will be able to live vicariously through my words, or, at least, cherry-pick a few experiences for their bucket-list.
Allow me to share some bullet-points:
- travel alone (10/10, nothing compares)
- 365days project of any kind (8/10, diversely-rewarding experience)
- one-of-a-kind cultural events (7/10, repeat often)
- frequent change of residence (?/10, very arbitrary; moving, packing & curating your possessions are essential skills though)
- being broke (5/10, invaluable for developing financial discipline)
- being stuck at home with a sprained ankle (4/10, enforces preparedness for medical emergencies/hazards) - establishing it as a bi-annual tradition is an overkill, frankly.
- heartbreak (3/10, educational, can be substituted with literature if empathy levels are good)
- holding vigil over your dying father (2/10, won't recommend, but someone has to do it)
- being late to see your grandmother alive (0/10, skip it)
Milim Луна в качестве подарка на ДР, Питер Паркер от Tonner от того же продавца за компанию.
Еще несколько покупок приедут в июле.
08.06.2017 - Выставка к 175-летию со дня рождения В.В.Верещагина
23.06.2017 - Концерт в Малом зале Филармонии "Время арфы"
Александр Болдачёв (арфа), Семен Гуревич (скрипка), Вероника Кожухарова (саксофон)
I heard things you wouldn't believe: boy played harp, forced audience of die-hard classical fans (median age ~65 years old) to go nuts over his own electronic (heavy on samples!) music.
Other highlights of the evening were solo performance of Stravinsky' Petrushka ballet suite, Imperial March from Star Wars and Piazzolla' Libertango.
To live happily, one has to live in hiding.